Friday 28 September 2012

The Great Outdoors - Interview with Amber James



1. Tell us about your practice as an artist.

I am a textile designer and I screenprint bold geometric patterns and turn them into clothes and accessories. My inspiration comes from translating digital processes into physical mediums.

2. What is your work for 'The Great Outdoors' inspired by?

I wanted to create a backpack that would stand out in natural surroundings to make a statement about how our environment has become completely detached from nature. I used my signature geo pattern as this was inspired by modern architectural structures and is created using an isometric grid. In our day to day lives we have created safe manageable places to exist but we still carry our possessions like nomadic explorers.

3. Have you got a particular memory of your experience of the great outdoors that you would like to share?

I once got chased through a field by a herd of cows on the Isle of Wight, never forget that experience, and will never cross a cows path again!

http://bambooteak.com/
http://www.medi-evil.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment